Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The handiwork

Probably the hardest part of the jewellery making process for me is photographing it all once it's finally been made. This is SOOOO frustrating! And despite learning all of the technical stuff in school I can't seem to get very amazing results with my digital point and shoot. My photographic studio consists of different coloured cardboard leant up against my workbench and about 3 lamps dragged in from all over the house. It's as precarious and dodgy as it sounds- hopefully you can get a bit of an idea from them! For what it's worth, here are some examples of what I'll be taking to the Hope Street Markets on the weekend. What doesn't end up selling will be put on my Etsy store sometime in the future.


The Foamy Hearts Club range.
Big and small pendants on either brass or perspex backs.
Some recycled materials used.


From the Jetsons Series: Juicer and below is Moonraker
both in sterling silver




The bangles pictured here are part of the Body Upholstery series, which was from my final year of school. The buttons are made from the lost wax technique, cast in bronze and then gold plated. There are 4 button designs: a nipple, vagina, a pimply one and a simple pointed dome. They are super comfy to wear, I have two that I wear nearly everyday and they really are like cushions for your arm.



These are part of the I Live On Zandra Road Series. 
They are made from some recycled materials (the wood and leather)
Some have brass backs and some are on perspex.




2 comments:

maddie said...

Good luck at the Market. I love them...I love them ALLLLLL!!!

eyesing said...

hello i want!