Sunday, May 11, 2008

What's in a name?


I have had a really mixed bag response to my choice of label name, but I love it and it's definitely stuck. It comes from the new testament, from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. While the biblical meaning is relevant, my choice has more than a little to do with my love of Miss Piggy, a long time hero of mine. I can relate to her love of multiple costume changes, overuse of made-up french words, undying love for her frog and her extreme bossiness. 
One of my favourite pieces of jewellery is a hog ring by Vernon Bowden, called CAPITALIST PIG.  Oh and I'm year of the pig. And I love pork.

2 comments:

Safari Lee said...

Pearls Before Swine is a FABULOUS name! You even make me wanna wear pearls!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and can't wait to see more of them itty bitty gorgeous things you'll be creating....and it's just the beginning! Your Kermie for life, C x